IT'S A GAS, GAS, GAS!!

MESSAGE BOARD ARCHIVES/WEEKLY ROCK POLL POST

Return to Gasx3/Poll Post Board Homepage


Gasland Message

Name: Keno
E-Mail:
Subject: RE: RE: Mumbo Jumbo, Vol. 1A
Date: Monday, June 22, 2020
Time: 2:08:43 AM
Remote Address: 8.41.160.9
Message ID: 320602
Parent ID: 320598
Thread ID: 320595

RE: RE: Mumbo Jumbo, Vol. 1A

Yeah, it's this pandemic that has put me (and yes, others) in a bad mood, that, and for me this health scare that I have to deal with. I actually didn't note everything that I will have done on the first, as I guess I'm half falling apart, but I think I covered enough.

You wrote:

I did spend a bit of time viewing one of your live web cams. The visibility was good, but unfortunately all I saw were three cars going by. I was hoping for bears, wolves, coyote, wolverines, bobcats, and mountain lions, not to mention herds of bison sweeping across the plain.

All of those animals live around here other than wolverines, which are in northern Colorado only. But other than deer and coyotes, which we have way too many of, it isn't likely to see the others on the cams for 2 reasons. First, the other animals you noted, only for the most part, come around here at night, as they don't like being around people - and they hate cars, which are few in numbers at night. We also have way too many bears here too, but again, in 18 years I've only seen 2 during the daytime hours, where as I've seen way too many of them at night. The one that got into my house last year has now made me paranoid of them.

I guess bobcats and foxes could also be seen on the cams during the day if one is lucky, but the other reason they would be hard to see is that the cams' views have been changed, and the cam you noted that looks out at the main road shows the most low land now. But the one cam that used to show the most wildlife, the cam looking north, is now pointed up a bit higher than it used to be so my next door neighbors, who are naturists, will have more privacy in their backyard. So a lot less wildlife will be seen on that one now. For the other cams, because of how high they are aimed, it's highly unlikely wildlife will ever be seen on them.

About the 90% claim for the part human activity plays in climate change, well it depends on how you look at it and word it. I was going by a 2018 study by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, a group of 1,300 independent scientific experts from countries all over the world, working under the support of the United Nations. They concluded there's a more than 95% probability that human activities over the past 50 years have warmed our planet to where our planet's climate is now in danger. So I guess for that one study, I was 5% off!

Gasland Thread

Post Follow-up

Name:

Password:      Check this box to save password.

E-Mail:

Subject:

Message:



Note: Do not hit the "Post Message" button more than once, even if it is taking a long time to post your message. Doing so may cause a double post to appear and could slow down your posting time even more.


Filter Threads/Archives

Year:
Month:
Text Search:



Download your free, customizable Burton Networks Message Board now!

1998 - 2020 by Keno Internet Services, except where otherwise noted. All rights reserved.

Return to Gasx3/Poll Post Board